EBN has extensive experience in representing investors, developers, financiers, technology providers and contractors in connection with energy & infrastructures projects, such as electricity generation facilities from conventional and renewable energy sources, waste disposal, gas, transportation – including electric cars, water purification and other infrastructures.
EBN’s energy and infrastructures team provides counseling to its clients in connection with all aspects of their projects and transactions – such as the evaluating, structuring, negotiating and documenting of complex joint ventures, merger and purchase transactions, financing, EPC and O&M agreements, BOT (Build Operate Transfer), PFI (Private Finance Initiative) and PPP (Public Private Partnership) projects and tender processes.
Since the emergence of the renewable energies market in Israel, EBN has become a lead player in this field. Alongside with its involvement in large scale thermo solar and wind energy projects, In the past months only, EBN advised its clients with respect to the financial closing of PV projects with aggregate installed capacity of more than 120 MW, amounting to almost 40% of the quota of mid size facilities approved under the governmental regulatory scheme.
EBN’s unique expertise in all regulatory aspects in the field of energy and infrastructures and proved capability to negotiate and resolve complex and unique matters with the regulatory authorities, combined with its strong background andexperience in all commercial, transactional and financing aspects of energy and infrastructures projects, enables EBN’s energy and infrastructures team to provide the firm’s clients with advice as to their most effective choices in the field.
Some of the recent projects and activities in which EBN’s energy and infrastructures team has been involved:
- Representation in Israel of the Bright Source Energy Group, a world leading player in the solar thermal industry, inter alia, with respect to the development and construction of solar-thermal projects in Israel and in the US, such as a 400MW solar thermal power plant in Ivanpah, California.
- Representation of the bidding consortium of BrightSource Energy and Alstom in the governmental BOT tender for the construction of a 110MW solar thermal power plant in Ashalim, Israel.
- Representation of EDF Energies Nouvelles (a subsidiary of the French utility EDF), currently constructing and operating thousands of MW of renewable energy projects worldwide, in connection with the purchase, development and construction of mid size and large scale photovoltaic facilities in Israel, as well as in connection with the BOT tender for the construction of a 30MW photovoltaic production facility in Ashalim, Israel.
- Representation of the Noy Fund, the largest infrastructures and energy private equity fund in Israel, in connection with investments in various energy and infrastructures projects, inter alia, with respect to the investment in photovoltaic projects with aggregate installed capacity of more than 40 MW.
- Representation of the well known international group of AES Corporation in the development of a 380 MW and 200 MW wind power plants in Israel.
- Representation of the Hadera Paper Mills in the development of a cogeneration natural gas based 230 MW cogeneration plant at its premises in Hadera.
- Representation of Dorgas, a subsidiary of the Dor Alon Group, and its partners, in connection with the development, construction and operation of a 110 MW cogeneration power plant on industrial premises in the southern part of Israel.
- Representation of the Granit Hacarmel group in connection with its electricity generation and sale activities in Israel.
- Representation of the Veolia-Dalkia group with respect to the development of a waste separation plant for the production of RDF (refused derive fuel).
- Representation of the Taavura holding group with respect to the development of a bio-gas power plant in Israel.
- Representation of the IDB Group in the development of a 220MW pumped storage electricity production facility in Nesher.
- Representation of the Shikun & Binui Group with respect to the re-construction and expansion of the Ashkogan gas based 100MW production plant in Israel
- Representation of Isramco, one of the right holders in the Tamar Gas Partnership, with respect to various regulatory hearings with the Ministry of National Infrastructures and the Anti Trust Authority.
- Representation of prominent Israeli car importers in connection with the enactment and adoption of regulatory schemes pertaining to the electric car market in Israel.
- Representation of various companies, such as the market leading Esco Israel, involved in the field of energy efficiency.
- Representation of groups of entrepreneurs in connection with the development of anaerobic electricity production facilities from organic waste.
- Representation of various clean-tech companies.