Uri heads the firm’s project finance department and is a partner in the firm’s energy and infrastructure department.
Uri is recommended by leading legal professional guides such as Legal500, Chambers Global and IFLR1000, as one of the leading Israeli lawyers in the field of project finance, energy and infrastructure.
Uri has extensive experience in public-private partnerships and in representing both Israeli and international projects companies, sponsors, banks and other financial institutions in the development, financing, construction and operation of infrastructure and energy projects.
Throughout his many years of practice, Uri has acted and advised in connection with some of the most unique and groundbreaking projects in the Israeli infrastructure and energy sectors.
Energy & Infrastructure
- Representation of Shikun & Binui and Edeltech Group in the financing transaction for the acquisition of the Ramat Hovav power plant from the Israel Electric Corporation for over ILS 4 billion.
- Representation of PSP Investments Ltd. in developing, achieving the financial closing, constructing, and operating the 300MW pumped storage facility in the Gilboa region, the first pumped storage project in Israel to reach financial closing and commercial operation, the cost of which was estimated at ILS 2 billion.
- Representation of a syndicate of senior lenders in the ILS 2.35 billion financing of the 121MW Ashalim “Plot B” solar thermal power plant – the first solar thermal power plant ever in Israel to reach financial closing and commercial operation and the second ever in the world to use the “solar tower” technology.
- Representation of a syndicate of senior lenders in the ILS 3 billion financing of the Cross Israel Northern Highway.
- Representation of Bombardier Transportation in winning the tenders published by Israel Railways Ltd. (a government-owned company) for the supply of double-decker coaches and electric locomotives.
- Representation of a syndicate of senior lenders in financing the development of the Yam Tethys natural gas reservoir – the first commercial natural gas reservoir in Israel.
- Representation of the concessionaire appointed to design, finance, construct, operate, administer and maintain the student dormitories in Bar Ilan University, one of the largest dormitories project in Israel using the BOT scheme.
- Representation of borrowers and lenders on financing several photovoltaic energy generation facilities.
- Representation of financial institutions on financing the development and construction of several residential projects designated for long-term lease.
Bachelor of Laws (Magna cum laude), Tel Aviv University 2007
Partner and Head of Project Finance Department in a leading Israeli law firm, 2008-2021
Hebrew and English