In addition to our committed professionalism and service orientation to our clients, our firm also places great importance on social involvement and community work. Our firm aims to assist disadvantaged communities and to promote values in which it believes, including, human rights, equality and individual freedom. Our firm handles various pro-bono cases, which include representation in courts and before governmental committees. Furthermore, our firm participates in several volunteer programs with underprivileged communities. Each year, many of our partners, associates and interns participate in such pro-bono cases and volunteer for such programs.
Among others, the firm is handling (and has handled in the past) the following cases and programs:
- Representation of an ALS patient in filing a request to the Tel Aviv district court to disconnect him from life support machines, even though the case did not comply with the instructions of the Israeli Dying Patient Law. In a precedential decision, the court approved that the patient be removed from life support.
- Representation of a cancer patient before the “Kupat Holim” Exceptions Committee in a request to approve funding for a lifesaving drug not covered by public health care insurance.
- Representation of a woman from a difficult social-economic background in several procedures filed against her with the Magistrates Court and Execution Office.
- Cooperation with the international organization HIAS, together with additional Israeli law firms, for the provision of legal assistance to refugees and others seeking asylum, in deportation proceedings filed against them.
- Yemin Orde Youth Village – participation and assistance in the debate competitions held for the boarding school students, most of whom are immigrants in Israel.
- “Sachar Mitzva” program of the Israeli Bar, targeted at providing legal assistance to disadvantaged persons, during which our attorneys provide initial legal assistance in various fields, such as bankruptcy, labor law and torts.
- “Closing-Ranks” – participation of our lawyers in a personal mentoring and guidance program for underprivileged youth.
- “Shiyur Aher” – teaching classes on law and other social issues at an elementary school in southern Tel Aviv.