Dan Sella leads our Banking & Finance department and is a member of our corporate and litigation groups. He represents domestic and international clients in a wide range of corporate transactions, and routinely advises major lenders and borrowers in complex and cross-border finance transactions.
In his litigation practice, Dan has extensive experience handling complex litigation in Israel and the United States, in particular in matters relating to corporate matters, commercial disputes and antitrust competition. He represents clients in legal proceedings and petitions in all judicial instances, arbitration and mediation.
Dan was rated as “Highly Regarded” in the IFLR 2020 ranking edition.
- Representation of the private equity firm, Hellman & Friedman, in a financing transaction for the purchase of the Israeli cyber security company, Checkmarx Ltd., in consideration of USD1.15 billion
- Representation of Hellman & Friedman in obtaining financing for its $1.15 billion acquisition of Checkmarx Ltd.
- Representation on Netafim Ltd. in a multi-banking arrangement with eight domestic and international lenders for facilities of over $600 million.
- Representation of Mizrahi-Tefahot Bank and Menora-Mivtachim Insurance Company in the in providing NIS 250 million credit facilities to Israeli-based international packaging company Polymer Logistics, for the expansion of the borrower’s overseas operations.
- Representation of a group of international hedge funds in the re-negotiation of the terms of facilities of over US$200 million granted to an international Israeli-based hi-tech company.
- Representation of XIO Group in obtaining credit facilities from a syndicate led by Mizrahi Tefahot Bank for the partial financing of its US$514 million merger with Lumenis Ltd., and subsequent refinancing of the debt from a UK-based hedge funds.
- Representation of Netafim Ltd. in obtaining US$500 million facilities from a syndicate led by Bank Hapoalim.
- Representation of Apax Partners in obtaining financing for its acquisition of Psagot Investment House (transaction value NIS 2.3 billion), and refinancing of Psagot’s facilities, and subsequent representation of Apax Partners in a refinancing of the entire group’s facilities.
- Representation of Access Industries Ltd. in a NIS 2.3 billion financing transaction of Clal Industries Ltd., with Israel Discount Bank, Harel Insurance and HSBC.
- Representation of M.R.V., the developer of a private hospital in Tel Aviv, in obtaining mezzanine financing from Harel Insurance.
- Representation of Mediterranean Car Agency Ltd. in obtaining credit facilities for the acquisition of the Subaru business.
M&A and Private Equity
- Representation of private equity fund, Permira, in the sale of all of its holdings (approximately 61%) in drip irrigation pioneer Netafim to Mexichem, a Mexican public company for US $1.9 billion, in one of the largest and most complex transactions in the Israeli economy in 2017.
- Representation of XIO Group, a global private equity firm, in its US$514 million merger transaction with Lumenis Ltd.
- Representation of Clal Industries Ltd. in its sale of its minority stake at Israeli Shipyards Ltd., the operator of a private port in Haifa.
- Representation of Mediterranean Car Agency Ltd., the importer of Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Subaru brands, in its acquisition of the Chrysler and Jeep business in Israel.
- Representation of Access Industries in a reverse triangular merger of a subsidiary of Access Industries with Clal Industries Ltd. in consideration of approximately US$350 million.
New York (2005)
U.S. Court, Southern & Eastern Districts of New York (2005)
LL.B., Tel Aviv University, Israel (2000)
LL.M., Cum Laude, Fordham Law School, New York, NY (2004) (Edward J. and Elizabeth V. Hawk Prize for graduating first in class)
Prior to joining EBN, Dan was a partner at Zellermayer, Pelossof, Rosovsky, Tsafrir, Toledano & Co.
Between 205-2009 Dan was an associate at the New York office of Covington & Burling LLP, where he practiced securities litigation and white collar criminal law.