Jonathan Achiron is a senior associate in the corporate and M&A department.
Jonathan specializes in cross-border private and public mergers and acquisitions, corporate and commercial law, high-tech companies, and private equity and venture capital investments.
Jonathan has a comprehensive broad-based corporate practice that involves counseling clients in cross-border transactions, public offerings and exchange listings in Wall Street of both private and TASE-listed Israeli companies, corporate finance, start-ups and technology.
Jonathan provides ongoing corporate counseling to corporations through all stages of development on a wide variety of corporate and commercial matters, including private equity investments, venture funding transactions, financing and credit agreements and various day-to-day corporate governance, regulatory and commercial advice.
- Represented private equity fund, Permira, in the sale of all of its holdings (approximately 61%) in iconic drip irrigation pioneer Netafim to Mexichem, a Mexican public company for US $1.9 billion.
- Represented the international insurance company Sirius, in an initial acquisition of 4.9% of The Phoenix Holdings, from its controlling shareholder Delek Holdings (with a total transaction value of NIS 4.8 billion which included an option to purchase Delek’s remaining shares).
- Represented Lumenis, the world’s largest energy-based medical company for surgical, ophthalmology and aesthetic applications, in a going private acquisition by XIO Group for $514 million.
- Represented Av-Shal Investments and Trade (within the Clal Industries Group) in a transaction for the sale of its holdings in Israel Shipyards in consideration for a total of NIS 138 million.
- Represented BC Partners and the Allflex Group, in the acquisition of SCR (Engineers), a developer and manufacturer of advanced systems and solutions for farm management, for $250 million.
- Represented Sapiens International Corporation (NASDAQ and TASE: SPNS), a global provider of software solutions for the insurance industry, in its acquisition of IBEXI Solutions Private Limited (IBEXI), an India-based provider of insurance technology solutions.
- Represented Lumenis in its acquisition of Pollogen, a developer and manufacturer of advanced medical aesthetic technologies.
- Represented Lumenis in its $75 million initial public on NASDAQ.
- Represented MediWound, a developer of innovative products in the fields of severe burn and chronic wound management, in its $80 million initial public on NASDAQ.
- Represented Barclays Capital as the leading underwriter in a $47 million offering by Mazor Robotics (NASDAQ: MZOR).
New York, 2010
LL.M., Magna Cum Laude, Northwestern University School of Law, 2009
LL.B., Magna Cum Laude, Tel Aviv University, Israel, 2007
Prior to joining EBN, Jonathan was an associate at the Mergers and Acquisitions group of the Israeli law firm Meitar, Liquornik, Geva Leshem Tal, and prior to that at the Capital Markets and Merger and Acquisitions group of the New York-based law firm Sullivan & Worcester.
Hebrew, English, Italian