The firm is one of the most prominent in Israel in the telecom and media sector, and our department is consistently ranked in the top tiers in both local and foreign ranking directories.
The firm’s clients in the communications sector include many of the largest and renown companies in communications and media in Israel, including “yes”, Bezeq, Partner, the investigative television program “Uvda” (“Fact”), various production companies, a regional radio station, and more.
The department has unique knowledge of, and experience with, the various regulations in the communications sector and, inter alia, provides its clients with the following services:
- Ongoing representation before government ministries and various regulatory agencies, including the Ministry of Communications, the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Council, and the Second Authority for Television and Radio.
- Representation in public hearings and legislative proceedings in Knesset (the Israeli Parliament) committees.
- Representation in a range of legal proceedings with complex regulatory aspects, including class actions, administrative petitions and petitions to the High Court of Justice.
- Advice on commercial contracts in merger and acquisition transactions.
In addition, the department provides its clients with ongoing legal advice on issues as they pertain specifically to the media and communication sector, such as copyright, privacy, IT and the Internet, consumer protection and defamation. The department also advises its clients in the drafting and negotiating of commercial agreements associated with these aspects.
The department provides its clients in the communications, high-tech and retail arenas legal advice in respect of protection of privacy and management of databases, including information processing and segmentation, privacy in the workplace, registration of databases and transfer of information outside of Israel. The department assists its clients in the formulation and implementation of privacy policies in various services, and in the development of new services in accordance with privacy protection regulations. Furthermore, the department represents its clients before the relevant regulatory authorities in the field of privacy protection.
- Representation of satellite TV company ‘yes’ in legal proceedings related to broadcasting rights of sports channels.
- Representation of satellite TV company ‘yes’ in the development and launch of a TV service over the Internet – STINGTV.
- Provision of ongoing legal advice to “Uvda” (“Fact”) the leading investigative and current affairs TV program anchored by Ilana Dayan.
- Representation of communications company “Partner” in petitions to the High Court of Justice against the failure of the Ministry of Communications to enforce the license provisions of another cellular company, and against that Ministry of Communication’s decision to refund frequency fees to the said company.
- Representation of various communication companies in class actions in matters of SPAM mail.