Roy heads the hi-tech department and is a senior partner in the firm’s corporate and M&A department.
Roy’s practice is focused on cross-border M&A of all types, private equity transactions and investment transactions, with a special emphasis on technology driven transactions. Roy often represents foreign acquirors and investors, as well as Israeli targets, in acquisitions, investments and divestitures, in Israel and abroad, of companies involved in a wide array of technology sectors, including cyber, big data, Fintech, AI, gaming, IOT, software and internet and medical devices, with a unique expertise in the cyber area.
In recent years Roy represented multi-billion PE funds, global corporations, Israeli and international VC funds and well known local and foreign investors in high-profile, complex and innovative transactions.
In addition, Roy has substantial experience in the representation of venture capital funds and prominent angel investors in their investments in and out of Israel, the representation of start-up companies in raising capital in Israel and abroad, and the representation of clients in a wide range of commercial agreements in Israel and abroad, including licensing agreements and joint ventures agreements.
Prior to Joining EBN, Roy was an associate at Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York for over 4 years. Roy has been a member of the New York State Bar Association since 2001.
M&A and Private Equity
- Representation of global private equity fund, Permira, in the sale of all of its holdings in drip irrigation pioneer Netafim to Mexichem, a Mexican public company for US$1.9 billion.
- Representation of the insurance company Sirius in the acquisition of shares of The Phoenix Holdings from its controlling shareholder Delek Holdings, in a transaction valued at NIS4.8 billion.
- Representation of Magma Ventures, Vertex, Samsung and SBI in the sale of their holdings in Argus Cyber Security to Continental, in a transaction valued at $ 430M.
- Representation of Magma Ventures, Horizons Ventures, DFJ, Trilogy, Iris Fund and DFJ Tamir Fishman in the sale of their holdings in a division of Hola to EMK, a UK private equity fund, in a transaction valued at Euro 200M.
- Representation of NSO Group Technologies, a leading company in the field of Cyber Security, in its $115M sale to Francisco Partners, a global private equity fund.
- Representation of Diwip, a leading company in the field of social gaming, in its $100M sale to Imperus, a Canadian public company.
- Representation of Motorola in numerous M&A transactions, including the sale of its holdings in the cellular operator Mirs, to Altice, the sale of its factory in Arad to Flextronics, the sale of its Modules devision to Telit and the acquisition of BitBand.
- Representation of Tene Investment Fund and other sellers in the sale of their holdings in Netafim to Permira, a global private equity fund, at a company valuation of $830M.
- Representation of Nisko in the sale of its holdings in SC2 to Broadcom.
- Representation of MediaMind in its acquisition by DG FastChannel at a company valuation of $530M.
Investments and Hi-Tech
- Representation of Motorola in the formation of a private incubator that invests in various seed stage technology companies, together with Our Crowd and Reliance.
- Representation of Pitango Growth, as a lead investor in a $25M Series C investment in Signals Analytics.
- Representation of Guesty Inc. in a $20M Series B funding round by, inter alia, TLV Partners and Magma Ventures.
- Representation of TLV Partners, as a lead investor in a $10M Series C investment in Scylla DB.
- Representation of Tyson Ventures, S2G and Agri-innovation, in their investment in Future Meat.
- Representation of Motorola’s venture investment arm (MSVC) in numerous investments in Israeli companies.
- Representation of the Founders Group in numerous investments in Israeli companies.
- Representation of well known angel investors in numerous investments in Israeli companies.
- Representation of Horizons Ventures in numerous investments in Israeli companies.
New York, 2001
LL.B. (magna cum laude), the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1996.
LL.M. (Tax), New York University, U.S.A., 2000.
Associate, Herzog, Fox & Neeman, Law Office, 2004 – 2005.
Associate, the Tax Department of Davis Polk & Wardwell, New York, 2000 – 2004.