EBN is one of the pioneers in Israel in the area of class actions. The firm has accrued considerable and successful experience, both in representation of defendants as well as in representing plaintiffs in class actions.
Over many years, the firm has been involved in some of the largest class actions in the history of Israeli law. The court decisions in these proceedings have been milestones in the field of class actions.
The firm has represented the largest corporations in Israel in dozens of class actions filed against them. Among others, the firm has represented in class actions, Bezeq, DBS Satellite Services (‘yes’), Africa Israel Investments, Shikun & Binui, Nesher, Eden Springs, Tadiran, various insurance companies, Sonol, Supergas, UPS, Maman Group, Otsar Mifalei Yam (which manages and operates the Tel Aviv Port), Metropoline, PwC Israel, Jerusalem Economy Ltd., and others.
- Nesher, the largest cement manufacturer in Israel, in a class action filed against it for a sum of billions of shekels, on allegations of violation of antitrust laws.
- PwC Israel in class actions filed against it in the fields of corporate law and securities law.
- Apex Issuance, the underwriter in the IPO of a Canadian company, in a class action regarding alleged misleading statements in a prospectus issued by the company.
- Shikun & Binui, one of Israel’s largest infrastructure companies, in a class action filed against it by a group of former employees in a matter related to mutual aid funds.
- ‘yes’, one of the two largest multi-channel television broadcasting companies in Israel, and Eden Srings, one of the largest mineral water companies in Israel, in all the class actions filed against them, with an overall scope of billions of shekels across a range of fields.
- Bezeq, the largest telecommunication company in Israel, in class actions filed against it, with a scope of hundreds of millions of shekels, across a variety of fields.