EBN’s Hi-Tech department is a leader in the Israeli technology arena, advising a roster of emerging technology clients, mature companies, and prominent investors. Our reputable standing in the market is repeatedly acknowledged by distinguished domestic and international legal directories.
We advise our clients throughout their various stages of development in the Hi-Tech life cycle, from the early stages, through their growth in raising funds, commercial activities, protection of intellectual property, licensing and technology agreements, development agreements, manufacturing agreements, OEM agreements, joint venture agreements and more.
We also represent many Israeli and international investors, including private equity funds, venture capital funds, corporate venture funds, angel investors and strategic investors and provide end-to-end services to our clients in a wide range of industries, including cybersecurity, automotive, IT, FinTech, IoT, big data, computer products, semiconductors, software, Internet, life sciences, AI, and more. We regularly act as local counsel for prominent international law firms in connection with acquisitions, investments and other commercial activity in the Israeli Hi-Tech and start-up ecosystem.
Our clients benefit from the comprehensive support of a dedicated team, working closely and seamlessly with EBN’s other well-resourced departments. The broad diversification of the firm’s practice provides our clients access to relevant legal advice in multiple areas of the law.
Technology and Intellectual Property
EBN’s Technology and Intellectual Property practice group represents a wide range of clients in their technology and intellectual property related matters, ranging from ongoing needs, such as end-user license agreements and privacy policies, to complex transactional mandates, including technology license agreements, development agreements, OEM agreements, and more.
We represent emerging technology clients, as well as mature companies, in a wide array of industries, such as cybersecurity, automotive, IT, FinTech, IoT, big data, computer products, semiconductors, software, Internet, life sciences, AI and others.
We also advise clients on data security and privacy protection matters, including the application of the Israeli Data Security Regulation and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), privacy policies and the registration and maintenance of databases in Israel. We regularly assist clients in connection with the transfer of Israeli databases outside of Israel.
Our recent Hi-Tech activity includes:
- Representing Magma Venture Partners, Vertex Ventures, Samsung Catalyst, and SBI Group, in the US$430 Million sale of their holdings in Argus Cyber Security to Continental.
- Representing Magma Venture Partners, Horizons Ventures, DFJ, Tamir Fishman and Iris Capital, in the US$200 Million divestiture of Hola Networks to EMK Capital.
- Representing Motorola Solutions, Inc. in its formation of a private technological incubator with OurCrowd, Reliance Industries Limited, and Yissum Research Development Company.
- Representing Pitango Venture Capital in a US$25 Million growth investment in Signals Analytics.
- Representing NSO Group Technologies in its ongoing activities and in its exit to a global private equity fund.
- Representing various start-up companies in diverse industries, such as Kaymera, Cardiosonic, NSO, Guesty, Arbe Robotics, kwik, Ferro-Dip Tech, Moovex, Fantasy Exchange, Wisor and numerous others.
- Representing Founders Group in their multiple investments in Israel and the U.S.
- Representing Horizons Ventures, Magma Venture Partners, TLV Partners, DFJ, DFJ Tamir Fishman, Maniv Mobility and Emerge, in a number of investments in Israeli and U.S. companies.
- Representing Motorola’s corporate venture (MSVC) in its investments in Israeli companies.
- Representing private and government financed incubators, such as Galilee Innovation Horizon Ltd., from their formation to representing the incubators in their investments.
Our recent technology activity includes:
- Representing various technology companies in diverse industries, including Kaymera, Cardiosonic, NSO, Guesty, Arbe Robotics, kwik, Ferro-Dip Tech, Moovex, Fantasy Exchange, Wisor and numerous others.
- Representing DBS Satellite Services (“yes“) in all of its database and privacy control matters.
- Representing MedOne, a leading cloud service provider.
- Representing clients in the licensing of technology and intellectual property rights from various Israeli university research centers.
- Representing eBay in data protection and privacy matters in the context of its ventures and transactions in Israel.